Fixing an IP address with Windows XP
1. Click “Start” and “Control panel”.
2. Choose “Network connection”.
3. Right click “Local Area Connection and choose “Properties” (note! The connection might have a different name).
4. Click “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and “Properties”.
5. If you want to unfix an IP address check Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
6. If you want to fix an IP address to your computer check Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server address and fill in the appropriate numbers.
7. Click OK and OK again until all windows are closed.