Sort the mail
It is often useful to apply a rule which sorts mails from certain senders or mailing lists. This way the mail goes directly into a certain folder instead of getting in the way in the Inbox.
The most effective way is to apply all rules in the HÍ webmail. Start by going to webmail.hi.is
1. Choose "SquirrelMail", usually it is automatically chosen.
2. Log on to your webmail with your Ugla username and password.
3. Click Filters up in the webmail when it opens.
4. At the bottom right side of the page click Add a new rule.
5. A new window appears and you define the type of filter you want to use in the box Condition.
If you e.g. want to send all the mails from firstname.lastname@example.org to the abc folder you select "address" and for the next scrolling field you select "from" and "contains" for the third scrolling field and then you type "email@example.com" in the last field.
In this case we want all the mails from Hi-starf to go to a folder which we create with the name Hi-starf. We adjust the first row beneath Condition: "Header", "Subject" "Contains" and "Hi-starf" in the last field in the row.
In this case it is useful to use the square bracket since the received mail from Hi-starf mailing list always includes [Hi-starf] in subject.
6. In the next box, Action, you choose "Move message into" and "a new folder named" which you name Hi-starf. "None" should be selected for "created as a subfolder of".
7. Click Add New Rule at the bottom right and the rule should be activated.
You can create many different rules, which sort your mail when you receive it.