HI-mail in MacOs
Instructions for MacOs
1. Open the mail client and choose “new account” and click “continue”.
2. Following information need to be typed:
Account type: IMAP
Account description: The name of the webmail e.g. University webmail.
Full name: Type your full name in a way you want it to appear to the receiver.
Email address: your e-mail: email@example.com
3. Define the “incoming mail server”: imap.hi.is
Type your Ugla username and password and click “continue”.
4. Define the “Outgoing mail server”: smtp.hi.is
Check “use authentication” and type your username and password, click “continue”.
5. The adjustments you have made will appear in a “new account” window. If everything is right you can click “continue”.
6. Click “accounts” and choose the “advanced” tab. Check “use SSL and
select password for “authentication”. This adjustment makes it possible
for you to send e-mail outside campus when you are not connected to
The mail should now be ready for use.
7. If you have problems with sending mail go to Mail in the bar and
choose “preferences”. Make sure SSL is chosen for outgoing server in
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.hi.is
- Server port: 587
- Check "Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)"
- Authentication: Password
- User Name: your username (without @hi.is)
- Password: your password (Ugla)