Find MAC address for wired network - Windows Vista
Below are instructions on how to find a MAC address for wired network (like Student housing).
If you want to see a video of how this is done you can watch the video found here for the instructions for Windows 7.
1. Press the "Windows" button in the lower left corner. In the searching field you type "cmd" and click Enter.
2. A black DOS window opens and you type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotations marks and a space between ipconfig and the slash) and click Enter and a lot of numbers shows up. Find the row which says "Ethernet Adapter or Local Area Connection" which contains a "Physical address". This is the MAC address you are looking for.
Adjust the settings of the wireless net card:
3. In the lower right corner of your computer screen, right click on the Icon with two computers then click "Network and sharing center".
4. Choose "Manage Network Connections" on the left side of Network and Sharing center.
5. Right click "Local Area Connection" and choose "Properties".
6. Click "Internet Protocol Version 4" and "Properties".
7. Make sure "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" are selected.
8. Click "OK" and "OK" again, the net card should now be ready for receiving an IP address from RHÍ.