Find MAC address for wired network - Windows 7
Below are instructions on how to find a MAC address for wired network (like Student housing). You can watch the video below or follow the step-by-step instructions with images below the video.
1. Press the Windows button in the lower left corner. In the searching
field you type "CMD" and click Enter.
2. A black DOS window opens where you type "ipconfig /all" (without the
quotations marks and with a space between ipconfig and the slash) and click
Enter then a lot of numbers show up. Find the row which says "Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection" and contains a "Physical
address". This is the MAC address you are looking for.
Adjust the settings of the wired net card:
3. In the lower right corner of your computer screen, right click the computer icon and click "Network and sharing center".
4. Click "Change adapter settings" on the left side of Network and Sharing Center.
5. Right click "Local Area Connection" and choose "Properties".
6. Click "Internet Protocol Version 4" and Properties.
7. Make sure "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" are selected.
8. Click OK and OK again, now the net card should be ready for receiving an IP address from RHÍ.