What is eduroam?
Eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
Eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
Click here for more informations: http://www.eduroam.org/
Click on your operating system to get informations on how to connect with eduroam:
How to connect to eduroam?
Before connecting to a wireless eduroam network, you need to adjust the network settings. The most common eduroam settings are:
• Authentication: IEEE 802.1X
• Type: TTLS or PEAP
• Tunneled authentication protocol (TTLS or PEAP): MS-CHAPv2
• Certificates: CA public certificate
• User name: firstname.lastname@example.org + Uglu password
• WLAN SSID: eduroam
• Encryption (WLAN): TKIP (WPA) or AES (WPA2)
Where can I connect to eduroam?
In Iceland you can connect to eduroam in these universities:
- Háskóli Íslands
- Háskólinn á Akureyri
- Landbúnaðarháskól Íslands
- Hólaskóli - Háskólinn á Hólum: (eduroam will be awilible later in 2011).
Here below are maps of access points to eduroam for Háskóli Íslands (University of Iceland)